Welcome to the NDK Guide. The following pages are actually setup to provide the copy of a new project brought to you by your NDK Staff to replace Guidebook for 2019.
The content on the pages from this category will be used to feed the public Guide for NDK.
More information on this project as we get closer to the convention! Assignments for who’s doing what’s left of the guide (outside of the Schedule API Data Entry) and the status of a page! Change the status button to “green” and “O” when an item is complete!
- Amanda – O : Home – [API] – Homepage content for The NDK Guide
- Amanda – O : Schedules – [API] – Schedules pages are for header / pre-text to the pages of the Guide Only. The Data behind the Schedules and Calendar / Scheduling information will be linked below.
- O : Hours of Operations – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- Thursday– [API] – top text pulled from RMAA, rest from Schedule API
- Friday – [API] – top text pulled from RMAA, rest from Schedule API
- Saturday – [API] – top text pulled from RMAA, rest from Schedule API
- Sunday – [API] – top text pulled from RMAA, rest from Schedule API
- Amanda/Chris – O : Maps – [API]
- Cosplay – [API]
- Gaming – [API]
- Krys – O : Charity – [API]
- Krys – O : About NDK Charity – [API] — Do we need a separate link?
- Krys – O : Food – [API]
- Hotel – [API] — Do we need a separate link?
- Mike/Chris – O : Artists – [API] (fixed)
- Amanda/Chris – O : Policies – [API] – All individual policy link information comes from NDKdenver.org API. Policies page is a nice intro page for The NDK Guide only.
- O : General – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Anti-Harassment Policy – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Costumes & Dress Code – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Weapons Policy – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Guest Autographs – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Photography Code of Conduct – [API] – Pulled from NDKDenver.org
- O : Panels – [API] – (Done: Chris, 8/15)
- Amanda – O : Vendors – [API]
Technical Information for The NDK Guide
In this section we’ll start filling out the Initial Technical information on the technology behind the guide, how its built and more. Eventually this will be an entire set of pages in the Departments section of the RMAA Website.
The NDK Guide – An Ember.JS One Page Site
Eventual home (after testing is complete): http://guide.ndkdenver.org
Mike, can you fill in this section when you have a chance?
How the NDK Guide lives on NDK Servers
An upload directory on the primary NDK server in the directory of /var/www/guide.ndkdenver.org/
Please use the user “ndkguide” and the password forwarded to upload via SFTP to this root directory.
DNS will be setup through CloudFlare, with CloudFlare caching for the content on this server.
2019 Schedule Build Update
All Main Events Room and Panel Schedule for 2019: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/?/api/schedule/9~10/1~2~3~4~5~6~7~20
All Autograph Rooms Schedule: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/api/schedule/9/7
Video Room Schedule: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/api/schedule/9~10~11/9~10
All 2019 Event ID’s:
event_id event_name 9 NDK 2019 Convention Operations 10 NDK 2019 Events & Panels 11 NDK 2019 Video Schedule 12 NDK 2019 Gaming Schedule - May not be in use this year 13 NDK 2019 Autograph Signups - May not be in use this year 14 NDK 2019 Photoshoots
All Panel and Main Events Room Resources: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/api/schedule-resources/1/1~2~3~4~5~6~7~20
All Autograph Room Resources: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/api/schedule-resources/1/9~10
All Photoshoot Areas: https://skynet.ndkdenver.org/api/schedule-resources/1/11~12~13~19
All active Resource ID’s:
resource_id title venue_title 1 Main Events Plaza Ballroom 2 Panel Room 1 Governor's Square 15 3 Panel Room 2 Governor's Square 14 4 Panel Room 3 Governor's Square 12 5 Panel Room 4 Governor's Square 11 6 Activity Room 1 Governor's Square 10 7 Autograph Director's Row J 8 Autograph 1 Director's Row I 9 Video 1 Governor's Square 17 10 Video 2 Governor's Square 16 11 Near Tower Elevators Photoshoot Area Tower Plaza 2nd Floor 12 By Registration Photoshoot Area Plaza Concourse C Level 13 Skybridge Photoshoot Area Plaza Concourse C Level 14 VGR Windows 19 Other Public Photoshoots Offsite 20 Activity Room 2 Governors Square 9
Notes on the Schedule API Build
New for 2018 is a Schedules API. For most folks on Staff this is rather unimportant, but for the Operational Technologies, Events, and Operations Departments this will hopefully improve both Data Sharing and Event Information flow for everyone this year!
The Schedules API is hosted at https://skynet.ndkdenver.org at a custom URL.
- The first 1 is the Venue ID, hard coded to 1 right now for Sheraton Denver Downtown.
- The second 1 is the resource ID, 1 being Main Events
- and the third string is for the display formats in case we need to change things up in the future.
- The first 1 is the Event ID (1 for NDK 2018)
- The second 1 is for the Resource ID (1 is actually Main Events)
- and the last string is the display type. Only JSON is supported right now, but I wanted to make it flexible for later.