NDK NYE 2019 Artists Alley Online Packet
December 31, 2019
- Please print and read the entirety of this page. It contains important information about your Artists Alley table.
- The contract is four pages long. Be sure to sign and date where needed and fill out the information on the final page.
- Use PayPal to pay your fees for 2019’s NDK NYE Artists Alley Entry online
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or guardian to co-sign the contract.
We look forward to seeing you at Nan Desu Kan!
Denver Marriott South
1035 Park Meadows Drive
Lone Tree, Colorado 80124
Hours of Available Operation
Wednesday, December 31st, 2019 4 pm to midnight
Artist Alley Area Head: Jessica Keithline aka Yuki
Policies and Procedures Regulations
All tables are 6 x 3 and will NOT be covered with a tablecloth. Artists or groups are limited to 2 tables. Each table comes with 2 chairs (for half table spaces this is 1 chair, if you need more please request it in the application)
- Electricity, and phone services are not included with the initial table cost and you will be charged onsite fees if found using these services without prior arrangements through the hotel. Basic power for charging a phone or powering a computer is free, anything more than that will cost you $140.
- Setup Time: Wednesday 4:00pm; Breakdown Time: Thursday 12:00am; Public Hours: 6pm- midnight
- You must purchase an event pass pass. Artist Alley tables come with one (1) pass, all tables members must have a pass. Pre-register before December 31 to purchase additional passes and save over the at the door price.
- Artist Alley tables are only available to artists displaying or selling original artwork, fan art, original comic, doujinshi, and fanzines. The sale of videos and software, i.e. mass produced resale items etc., is not allowed from an Artists Alley table. The Artist Alley Area Head reserves the right to prohibit the sale of any merchandise or service that he/she feels is inappropriate.
- The person who applied for the table must be the one to check in with AA staff. All group members should also stop at the table when they arrive at the convention.
- All artists and artist helpers MUST be registered and have a badge. Badges must be worn at all times while on the con floor.
Note: There is a formal dress code, please dress appropriately. Rules can be found and ndknye.org
- Stolen or plagiarized work is strictly forbidden. All work must be entirely your own. Copying and attempting to sell any existing official or fan art, regardless of what medium it is copied into, is recognized as theft by the state of Colorado. Copying existing art and drawing in a different background or different colors is plagiarism and will not be tolerated. Artists are expected to sell their own art. This includes any and all art on buttons, badges, keychains, jewelry, and all other crafts. Any artists found to be plagiarizing will be asked ONCE to remove their copied artworks. If you persist in displaying or advertising plagiarized work, you will be asked to pack up and will be banned from future conventions. Art theft in the Artist Alley is akin to bootlegs in the Dealer’s Room, and will not be tolerated.
- Artists may not sell any kind of art or product with any kind of official logo.
- The name of a series and/or character CANNOT be included in any piece of art (of any kind), on any display, or any packaging; this goes for both English and Japanese. No art or packaging containing these names can be sold in Artists Alley, you will be asked once to remove them. The same goes for using said names on a display, you will be asked to change the display. Continued use could result in a lifetime ban.
- Products released officially either in the US or Japan cannot be sold in Artists Alley, the same goes for completed works done by someone else and bought by you. We want work from you, not someone else.
- Food and/or drink cannot be sold in Artists Alley.
- There is a strict 18+ rule in Artist Alley. We take this rule very seriously, and violating this rule will have serious consequences. Prohibited 18+ materials include: any kind of pornography or otherwise excessive sexuality (hentai, yaoi, yuri,) excessive gore, or excessive violence. If you are found to be carrying any sort of 18+ material, you will be warned to put it away. Further violations will result in a ban. The acceptability of any product is the sole discretion of the Artist Alley Area Head.
- There is a strict PG-13 rule in the Artist Alley. Artists are allowed to bring PG-13 material, but due to the family-friendly nature of the convention, it may not be openly displayed. Suggestive images, mild fanservice, artistic nudity, and the like, must be placed in closed binders or otherwise be hidden from public view. Verbal or written warnings MUST be given to anyone appearing younger than 13. If you are found to be displaying any sort of PG-13 art, you will be warned to take it down. If your PG-13 art is still displayed after two warnings, you will be asked to leave the convention and you will be banned from returning. If you have any questions about an image please ask with plenty of prior notice to the convention. The acceptability of any product is the sole discretion of the Artist Alley Area Head.
- All items for sale in Artist Alley must be approved by the Artist Alley Area Head before the convention. Having items on your table that have not been approved beforehand will result in a warning, and you could be asked to put the product away. This restriction goes for contest winners as well as lottery winners. We have a large number of people apply for the same type items every year, and because of this we have to limit their numbers in Artist Alley. If you are told that you cannot sell an item, please respect our request.
- Please note that everyone in your group will be expected to follow the rules and every person in the group will be held accountable if the rules are broken.
- While we understand that the Artist Alley is a busy and noisy place, we require appropriate noise levels. No yelling, obscene language, or general horseplay will be allowed.
- Artists are free to arrange their table space as they see fit and may supply their own tables, racks and chairs at no additional cost, remember though that space is limited, if it moves into another artists space you will not be able to use it. However, NDK reserves the right to approve the setup including TVs, speakers, tables, etc. Also, staff is allowed to restrict what can be heard and viewed outside of your area.
- You will be ultimately responsible for your goods and staff as specified in the contract. There will be unrestricted access to the area by the general populace 24 hours a day. Artists will be responsible for clearing their tables at the close of each business day.
If you have any questions, please contact the NDK Artist Alley Liaison at the email address above.